Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Saving Private Ah-Chong

I can be a downright nasty beaatch when it comes down to it.

It was a long day yesterday, the air was muggy and oppressive with humidity, I was in a sloooow checkout line at Tesco's and practically everything was irking the bejesus outta me. Plus, I was late picking up my son.

After paying, I discovered that I'd left my parking ticket in the car - and needed to validate it to get out. As I was fuming at my own stupidity, a young credit card promoter unwittingly put himself in my direct line of fire.

"Ah! Hi Madam! You have this credit card ahh?! You wanna Try Apply one!? Few moments only!".

I was scrummaging through my handbag when he approached me, and I lifted my face to him and practically ROARED, like in the cartoons you see the guy's hair all kena tiup angin-like from the roar? It was like thatlah! : "WILL YOU JUST PLEASE GO AWAY GET OUT OF MY FACE DON'T DISTURB ME CAN'T YOU SEE I'M BUSY HERE?!!"

The bugger blinked and said; "Sorry!" and I felt like a heel.

At the time, it felt good to bellow like that, but it was so bad. I really regreted it. The poor guy was just cari makan, you know. How could he know I was having a bad day?

I'm going to go back to Tesco later to look for him and apologise.

4 comments:

Shireen said...

hello hello, finally you have a blog instead of blogging via mix...i must admit, i only found out about mix announcer's blog recently...yes, i know, whr have i been..well, i'm here now...just wrote to say hello (well, 2 hellos at the beginning) and look forward to reading more of your stuff...

Pinky said...

Hi Shaz

Thanks for the link to your new blog. I can't believe that you have done 80 posts ! Gosh NOW that's a lot of posts. You're obviously infected with Blogivitis *lol*.

Looking forward to reading about your thots on various stuff especially since your posts are often written with a zany sense of humour *lol*

Shazmin said...

Hi Pinky and Shireen,
Thanks for dropping by! I should have done this ages ago! Oh well, better late than never, eh. I actually had more than 80 post on the mix website but I left out the dross and just took what I really wanted. If you're new to my blogs - hi - the posts are in chronological order, from 1 - 80 and were started sometime in mid 2005. I look forward to keeping in touch with all my friends from MIX FM here!
Cheers! Shaz

ginseng4desoul said...

ROTFL!!!! I've done that before too... poor guy kena snapped from me for doing his job. Anyway, welcome to the wonderful world of blogsphere.