Monday, July 23, 2007

63rd post

a touch of the super...

...natural....!

I am exhausted. The last 4 nights, Milo (who's sick) has been keeping us up with his coughing, wandering the house at night and not wanting to stay in his bed. My husband has threatened to lock him in his room at night, but I thought that was a bit crazy, so I 'volunteered' to spend the night with Milo last night to basically, keep him in his room and not wake up the whole household with his nocturnal shenanigans. O-kaaaaay.....so I spread a blanket on the carpet and camped there on the floor in his room. He kept sitting up to make sure I was there - which was annoying, as I was perpetually on the very verge of sleep and had to keep answering his, "Mummy? There?" ...grrr.... I rolled around in this fashion for an hour before deciding it would be less uncomfortable squeezing in with him on his single toddler bed! Waaaaa....don't ask me how I did it, but there we were, cuddly like a Mama bear and her cub (with mama bear's fat ass hanging off the bed!), and before I knew it, we were both fast/half asleep (Milo kept waking up to cough).

Now here's the wild part: in the daze of the night, I dreamt (or really, it might have been real) that someone was pulling my hair. As I was sleeping on the edge of the bed, facing my son, it was highly unlikely that it was him. So I reached back and grabbed a shadowy 'arm' and told 'it' to go away. I think my exact words were "Oi, f@&# off lah, GO TO THE LIGHT. Now! I Command you." I felt this presence wasn't malevolent or anything, but merely mischievous. I didn't feel mortally concerned. I only feel 'mortally concerned' when the hair on the back of my neck stands up or the air temperature changes in the room (which has happened before!). The imp (for lack of a better definition) hung around a while, then went away. Creepy, huh? I wonder if that's what's been keeping Milo up at night lately. I believe my son is as sensitive to this as I am, so maybe got lah, but then again, maybe it was just a vivid dream brought on by the extreme discomfort of sleeping with a hacking toddler in a too-small bed.

I had another 'dream' a few months ago, where I was talking to a deceased friend of mine and told her how I was letting go of my spiritual 'gifts' and she clutched my hands together so firmly (to tell me not to let it go) that I actually woke up BUT still felt her nails in my palms. Maybe they were my own nails...who knows, but it left me feeling oddly comforted. Not so comforting though, was when I was sleeping next to my husband one night and this evil voice in my left ear told me something so disturbing, and then proceeded to snuff the very breath from me (kena hempap lah, what else), and I was awake at this point, but couldn't scream, so I was whimpering loudly to wake my husband up to 'break the spell'. But that's the strange thing, I was AWAKE when it happened. When my husband woke up, it went away with a roar. I kid you not![Twillight Zone music] Has anything like this ever happened to you?

No comments: