Monday, July 23, 2007

52nd post

things that make you go Hmmmm...!

Nothing super exciting to report. Just that I'm suffering from a really bad bout of phlegm - gets into my throat, irritates the bejesus out of it and makes me cough until I vomit. All Night Long, just like the Lionel Richie song...So needless to say, I've not had much sleep lately....but thank God my maid, Feni, has things under control. I must say, she's the best that I've had so far (and last year, I had 4!). She's so good, Milo even called her "Mummy" this morning.????!!!!!!!!!!????????Ooo-eeerrrrr.......don't know how I feel about thaaaaaat...... At least she had the sense not to say anything to make the moment even more awkward than it was! [unlike the other day, when we were outside and Milo heard the azan ringing in the distance, he put a worried look on his face and said, "Oooh! Momok!!!" - to which I laughed my head off, but Feni had the cheek to say, "hmmm, itulah, Milo tak di ajar...". Which shut me right up].Really, though. I like Feni a lot. She's smart (but a bit cheeky), caring, clean, efficient, trustworthy and thinks on her feet, especially where the kids are concerned...and you can see, she loves them a lot. They adore her....I wonder if Sophie even knows I'm the Mummy here....Milo, I'm sure, was just being a smartass, he's at that stage. He called me "Kakak" this morning, too, just to get a reaction! Monkey. So, I guess, don't freak out lah, haaaah? What you think?

Update: I got a super tip that cured my cough...a caller, Michael suggested eating a ton of jackfruit, unwashed - straight from the nangka/packet! Apparently, the juices/'slime' from the jackfruit has properties that are healing....another caller, Ronnie, said it is actually 'cooling'..I donno lah, but it seems to have done the trick! Thanks guys!

No comments: