Sunday, July 22, 2007

10th post

a real killJOY

The Rack of Lamb Cookout was a lot of fun and we'd like to wish everyone who had a hand in making it a success a BIG THANK YOU!!! They are the Picolo Mondo team, the Mix promotions team, the Mix Roadrunners, and the fans that showed up! You guys are The Best!Ok, so now...the drama......I brought Joy, my maid, to the event to watch over my son...who was relatively well behaved throughout the whole thing...Daniel was briefly there as well but had to bugger off early to organise something at home.

Well, I think that's the last time I bring Milo to an event without my husband's full presence because I found myself unfocused and worried the whole time. It seemed that every time I looked over, Milo was scampering away from Joy - she was so sloooooooow to catch up to him! And he was just a few feet away from the busy traffic of Jln Bukit Bintang!!! Worse, when we went to Lot 10 to get the car...we had to go down the escalator and she almost let go of his stroller and he almost fell!!! Can you imagine my HORROR? Other things that annoy the sh!#! outta me about Joy: 1-when she strolls Milo out of my sight when we are in a shopping mall2-when she lags ten feet behind me while walking anywhere (so lembab! I can speedwalk and I'm 8 months heavily pregnant!)3-how she tunes out mentally when we are all out for lunch/dinner. I mean, we're at the same table! She acts stoned or what - I don't know if she's quite 'there' or not....is she trying to become invisible? We're not that bad....It's bad enough that nowadays I have absolutely no mood to bring her out with us, or treat her to a day at the mall. It just gets my blood pressure up.

Honestly, I don't know how she's going to be able to handle a newborn baby. I'm WORRIED. I only get 2 months off! I mean, she's great at cleaning and light babysitting (ie. in the house and at the playground)...but even Daniel has made me promise to never leave Milo alone with her. Looks like we may have to fork out a bomb to send the baby to nursery with Milo during the day. Is there no end to this?! (-money going out the door)!?? On top of everything else...she's been hanging on the phone while we're out. I suspect she's also been going through our things. I noticed that several boxes have been 'disturbed' in my walk-in closet. Looks like she and I will have to sit down and have another Little Talk again.Will this never end? I'm just a perpetual ball of grumpy bollocks these days...

No comments: