Tuesday, July 24, 2007

77th post

wet, wild weekend!

The first time I went white water rafting, I was about 8 years old, and it was with my dad and sisters, and the late Tan Sri Othman Yeop and his daughters in Lake Tahoe, Nevada.

25 years later, I found myself on a grey raft, barrelling down Sg Selangor from Kuala Kubu Baru with my husband and his friends and the great guides from Khersonese Eco-X. Mind you, the last exciting this I did lately was jump off a (stationary) boat amidst a group of tame Japanese snorkellers, so this was a nerve wracking ordeal! I didn't think I had it in me to be quick and light (ahem!) in an adrenaline fuelled situation. I mean, you have to have a certain level of fitness to do extreme sport. The guides were really cool, because they assured us that it was pretty safe and gave us a complete safety briefing and covered the many scenarios we may encounter on the trip down Sg Selangor. Mind you, there are some awesome rapids here, but the fact that it hadn't rained in 2 weeks would mean that the water level would be lower and yes! we actually had to angkat the raft a couple of times to get past rocks and what not. But in other areas, the water was WILD and I actually saw my life flash before my eyes!

Whooooohooooo!!!!! It was a great day outdoors, and I won't promise to put any photos here as I didn't take my camera down with me - we were floating in the water halfway down the river and everyone was wet!, but do check out the link below if you're interested in doing something other than manouvering the parking lot at Midvalley Megamall this weekend...

12-July-2007 (thanks to Tai Ching and Frank for organising the trip! Let's do it again!!!!!)

http://www.thepaddlerz.com/gallery.html

http://www.thepaddlerz.com/indexmenu.html

No comments: