Tuesday, July 24, 2007

80th post

party or what!

My husband thinks I'm nuts. I'm obsessed. It's mid July and I'm all ready to book the clown and cake for the kids' birthday party in October!!!

I'm going super hectic this year because I was so slack last year, I forgot Milo's cake for his daycare party, but his teacher, Mrs Razee, was kind enough to go down to the local Berry's to pick one up for him!!! AND she put together party packs for the kids at school! My God, how embarassing was that. Anyway, husbands don't understand these things so I told him to just shut up and pick up the tab when it comes.

Seeing as poor little Sophie had to cancel her very first party due to Milo's eye infection in June, I decided that Milo would share his special day with his sister in October. We've been to a few kids' parties lately and the clown thing is kinda big, isn't it? Milo used to be terrified of clowns, but like I said, he's seen quite a few now, so he's seasoned lah. I asked him if he would like a clown, and he said yes, but somehow, I think he said it absently because he doesn't quite know what options are out there. Truth be told, neither do I, so if you have any ideas or tips (or recommendations!!!) please drop me a line and I'll be eternally grateful!

Things I need info on: (please help!)
Clown/baloon artist/or gigantic bubble maker/blower
Magicians
Face painters
Caterers
Canopy, tables, chairs (for the parents)
Cake (a FANTASTIC one!...or two)
Website where I can download and print cool party invitations, thank you cards, etc.

I've got this fantasy circus theme in my head (only because it's unisex and tremendous fun), but my husband is drawing the line at renting Shetland ponies for rides up and down the street (think of the lawsuits should anyone be bitten, kicked or knocked off!)! I could get each kid to sign an indemnation form at the door! Man, actually I'm wishing it was MY birthday party! Maybe Pauline next door will let us hook up a wagon onto her huge dog to give rides to the little ones (again, another lawsuit waiting to happen).

What kind of kids' parties have you thrown or been to that are great fun for 2-4 year olds? What kind of games (of the non-competitive kind) can you suggest? What are the contents of the greatest party packs your kids have received? HOW DO YOU KEEP IT ALL IN YOUR BUDGET!???? Pray do tell..

No comments: