Tuesday, July 24, 2007

67th post

The Secret

May 3rd 2007

Hi party people, I've decided to write about The Secret today, because EVERYONE is asking me about it. I saw an article about this book in a magazine I was perusing in a bookstore one day, and it's just one of those things you take note of, but quickly forget, and then, you realise, for some reason, your subconscious filed it away...because the next time I was in the same bookstore, The Secret was right there, on the counter, next to the makan guide to KL and The Edge magazine. Ok, my husband Daniel tells me I have this legendary tendency to impulse buy all the time, but this was not an impulse buy. I stood there, with my Postman Pat vcds (for Milo) and Star newspaper, thumbing through the small tome, and had a dialogue in my head: Do I really need this, it's exactly like all the other mind expanding/self empowerment books I've read and own, why should I spend RM62.90 for this little book? I couldn't really justify spending all that money on this little book, expecially considering I hadn't yet paid my Maxis bill and bought the groceries (what else is new!) that week, but something was prompting me Big Time, so I did buy it.

I took it to bed with me that night, hiding on my side of the bed so Daniel wouldn't see what I was reading!!! I was so excited, because, while I already know and have applied the basis of The Secret in my life previously, sometimes, we live unconsciously, and the noise in our heads prevent us from receiving the good that is out there. One example - I used to say (ior rather, think) I was too tired and didn't want to do extra work (ie. voice recordings, emcee jobs), this after having had 2 kids while doing the Breakfast Show, so the Universe granted my wish. No work, no offers. What offers I had I'd turn down anyway, and most offers to emcee functions were on nights I had other previous (unpaid, social) engagements. This was the Universe granting my wish to not work. Ok....so this was interesting...I decided to try an experiment. That night I declared to The Universe, that I was ready to work again, easy work, mind you, nothing too taxing or odious, but I wanted to be paid well for it and use my public persona to gain advantages while helping others. The next day I got a call from !!! for a voice-over recording for a client, who also wanted me to become involved in a project related to the Pediatric Association of Malaysia. I would be paid **** just for showing up!Waaah....this was really something.Ok, to cut a short story even shorter (and not to sound like I'm so bloody terror and blowing my own horn or what), by the next week, I've had more work offers than I've had since I got pregnant with my first child, and a call from an Australian woman IN AUSTRALIA, mind you!!!!, to ask if I'd emcee a function for her client in KL. Who would've thought it!?? This was out of the blue...S

o, in parting.....Ask, Believe,....and Recieve....and don't try and intellectualise on the how's....just let the Universe sort it out and deliver it to you. Notice the little things. See opportunities and seize them. And most importantly, be GRATEFUL always.

When you pray, don't supplicate, appreciate!
Have fun and be a happy camper always.

No comments: