Sunday, July 22, 2007

26th post

...I wax nostalgic before it even becomes a distant memory...

My goodness, how the time just flies....Pretty soon, no more waking up with the sun already out and the birds singing outside my window....I will creep out of the house before the crack of dawn, like a thief in the night, trying not to wake up 1) my husband, 2) the babies, 3) the neighbours (once my car alarm went off and that was chronic!) and their neurotic dogs...But the thing I'll miss the most about being home full time is..........a slow steady Nescafe 3-in-1 in front of the telly at 7.30am watching Hollywood Squares and Just Shoot Me before the brats wake up!I am, however, looking forward to going back to work. Don't get me wrong, I love the children but conversing with a toddler and the hired help thoughout the day just ain't cutting it as far as intellectual stimulation goes. And you know how it is, when the man comes home and asks, "So, how was your day?"....you just draw a blank...Coz it's the same-o-same-o lah. He doesn't really want to hear about you battling wits and wills with a 2 year old or how the maid put your delicate pink things in with the brown towels...nooo...he's going to want to be dazzled...and there's nothing glamorous about staying home, believe you me.I used to be one of those women who wanted to be a stay at home mom, and envied my sisters and friends who 'got' to do just that, but....now....hmmmm...I don't think it's my scene. Mind you, the only reason I feel I can go back to work with a clear conscience is because I have a really good nanny (Nanny Annie!) and my new Indonesian maid is nice and on the ball. After that fiasco with Joy (read old blog), I can breathe a sigh of relief. I deserve just that!So...it'ss less than a week to go! See you on monday!

No comments: