Monday, July 30, 2007

Desperate Housewives - Malaysian style

I was watching 'Johnny and the Sprites' (!) and thought, wouldn't it be great if some hot gay guys would just move in next door? I mean, the house has been empty for months now, and if I could choose between a nice family with a cute yappy dog moving in and a bunch of hot gay guys, the eye candy would definitely win lah. I mean, if they decorate like Nate Butkus (sp?) and bake like Nigel Skelchy...waaaah....happiness is, man!

Anyway, the latest suburban drama to unfold is my neighbour's maid getting it on with the postman. I tell you, the excitement. To cut a loooong story short, the maid has been siphoning money from various family members, and mailing it out to her friends (on top of getting it on with the postman), stealing bits and bobs, trading these bits and bobs for other bits and bobs from other maids in the 'hood and being a general scheming little cow. It just so happens, she told my neighbour that MY maid told her I was getting her a mobile phone (all lies), so she wanted one, she was willing to pay with her gaji thus far. Anyway, I don't know if this little drama had anything to do with the fact that MY maid just only the same afternoon asked if she can have a day off to meet with her 'relatives' and makan angin in town.

All very dodgy.

My maid is a nice person, she takes great care with the kids, she's respectful and quite on the ball with the housework. I've given her a substantial monthly increment after a year of service to show her we appreciate her, and to motivate her to continue being a good employee. I mean, I ain't no Trudie Stylar lah. I want my help to be happy working for me. But I feel you give these people an inch, they'll take a mile. She's giving me a real headache now because if I say CANNOT!, she'll sulk and possibly neglect the kids or worse, jampi my food! On top of that, she has it in her mind to buy a handphone! aaaaaaerrghhhhh.....

I thought all this drama was over with when we got rid of Joy, but...it never is, huh?

9 comments:

moms tales said...

Oh My!!! Maid issues....I don't have a live-in maid but heard enough stories to know what you are going through...

ginseng4desoul said...

Ahhh... the blissful life of Hysteria Lane (opps...Wisteria Lane). We get the same share of juicy stories on the maids (and employers too!) on our neighborhood. We live in a condo, so, imagine your drama 4 time folds.

Pinky said...

I wonder which is worse - having a maid like yours or one like Florence Johnston *lol*

ROYAL JESTER said...

First and foremost, I would like to say: FINALLY! Was wondering when la this shazmin will have her own blog.best gila baca your rantings and ramblings.hhahahha...
I agree with ginseng4desoul.Kat condo more story mory ok!!as i always say to the indonesian maids when things get overly complicated and dramalike: 'Tak habis2 dgn Sinetron, kamu semua ni!:)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Not again! poor u:(

Shazmin said...

Hi everyone!
Yeahlah...this one, never ending storylah! You're f**ked if you do, and f**ked if you DON'T...
Listen, I'm new to this blogspot kebendanya....am figuring out how to post photos and link people's blogs here, so bear with me lah, ok!? I want to make this site CANGGIH, but a bit slow. LOL
Take care! xox shaz

oliviasy said...

like ginseng said, got lotsa dramas here XD ur maid bullying you dy, jaga-jaga. and i miss listening to both u and unker richard in the mornings :)

Allan Yap & Nigel A. Skelchy said...

Hilarious! Lovely seeing you today dear. :-) No worries lah. I believe if you're firm, draw boundaries but respect maids as people, they'll be ok. But that doesn't mean being blind to signs lah. There are some who will take that yard. But some who will also be good.