Sunday, July 22, 2007

44th post

food or lack of...

Let's talk about food.I can't stomach anything on this new diet, actually. It's damn tough. I mean, on any normal day, chicken wouldn't be my meat of choice to begin with, but thank God I like fish. Unfortunately, I haven't a clue how to clean it and cook it, so I just end up buying sashimi! I asked Vince why red meat is a no no.Me: "Vince, why, aaah? Red meat cannot?"Vince: "You ever notice how when you cook lamb or beef rendang - it takes hours to make the meat soft? In some cases, the meat doesn't even get soft? That's how long it'll take for you to digest the food in your stomach if you eat red meat. Chicken takes less time to digest, fish even more so, it breaks apart easily. The longer you take to digest your food, the more your body will spend its energy doing that, instead of burning fat or repairing muscle, etc...."Me: "Oh."And it's not that we get lots of meat, either. Greens are the prescribed food here and rolled oats in the morning, which I don't mind really, except that I'm usually in a mad rush and can only grab a Nescafe 3 in 1 on the go at 4.30am. I try my best to get up 15 minutes earlier, but I've only managed it twice so far (cooking rolled oats before work). I'm good about the water though. We're required to down 4-6 litres of water a day to flush out the system. Apparently, you can loose quite a lot of weight this way. I don't know lah, I've been running to the loo in between song breaks, so it'll be that or the cardio!so, err.....bring it on? (the food platter!)

No comments: