Sunday, July 22, 2007

13th post

labour party

I had my first labour anxiety dream last night. I dreamt I had to give birth in a government hospital in JB...I don't know what was more disconcerting, the fact the I was in a govt hospital or the fact that I was in JB!Now, now...don't get me wrong. I have absolutely NOTHING against govt hospitals or whatever (or JB for that matter), but having been going to my regular joint, it was a bit of a shocker lah. Yes, it was only a dream, but you know how dreams can seem SO REAL? On top of all that, I don't have any recollection of why/how I came to be in JB, all by myself! In my dream, I couldn't locate my husband, though I had an inkling that he was frantically looking for me! I was about to pop....screaming for an epidural, wondering why they hadn't given me an enema (!) yet, and where the heck the attending doctor was!Then the anesthesiologist (sp?) came and gave me a shot in the back, but the drugs were not effective, and I needed the loo, and there was only a squat toilet....ai yoh....talk about high anxiety. And the dream went on and on...well, you know how it goes.I was actually relieved when the alarm went off at 4.29am and put me out of my misery!I am so unprepared to have this baby. I haven't packed my hospital bag, I haven't got an extra crib (Milo refuses to go into his junior bed and is still using his cot), I haven't bought enough newborn nappies, I haven't finished reviewing my Gina Ford "Contented Baby" book, I haven't dug out the breast pump and sterilizer! Aaaaaaaaurrrrghhh! I haven't made space in the wardrobe for the new baby's things...it's (no gender hint here!) things are still folded in a laundry basket in the upstairs hall! Poor baby! Mummy is soooooo tired! Everyday I plan to start putting things away into the wardrobe, cleaning the sterilizer/breast pump/bottles, but that would involve telling/supervising Joy (which is another fatiguing exercise in itself) what to do...but when I get home, I just want to nap! Got to get a move on....I am, though, looking forward to the Parenthood/Hamil magazine party next weekend! They've organised a spa-bash for celebrity mums-to-be, and it promises to be a lot of fun. Funny how I think I can find the energy for that, eh....?

No comments: