Monday, July 23, 2007

66th post

these all inclusive vacations...

Man! That was some vacation! I think I need a few days to recuperate.... [ie. my poor liver!]

We are back now (of course) and when I get a breather, I'll post some of the MANY photos I took with my crappy little camera. I know, Richard, I should invest in some heavier gear, considering my photo-journalistic talents (aherm!), but what to do lah...I'm saving up for a tummy tuck, to go with my new beach bag and bikini for my next trip to some far-away destination (ie. Club Med Bora Bora)....maaaan...I'm a wee bit addicted now to these all inclusive type holidays....If you've never taken one, you have GOT to do it, just once.

I had my reservations at first, coz the cost is substantial (even despite getting 3 nights out of the 5 free). These holidays don't come cheap. But once you're there, you'll realise it's money well spent - because any worries about hidden costs and the entire bill are well sorted out in advance. You just show up, make happy and have as good a time as your conscience will let you without you waking up the next day thinking - what was I thinking!??! Damn!LOL

We spent almost the entire week by the pool, and took breaks from it by going on the boat to visit local coral reefs teeming with tropical (and very large) fish to snorkel twice a day, visits to the poolside bar, and our noon break for lunch, which was a smorgasboard of French, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean and some Maldivian cuisine. Food heaven. Yummmm....One did not get hungry or thristy in this place, that's for sure. Breakfast and dinner was the same deal basically....and you could literally tell the Singaporeans (I was the only Malaysian there that week, otherwise Malaysians pun 2x5 lah) from the rest of the guests from their loaded plates and food combinations. Lasagne with sushi and barbequed pork ribs, anyone? Yeah, exactly. LOL! Yes, a great time was had by all.

The only downer was the trip back - our flight was 3 hours delayed and yes, there was that stopover in Colombo...I used to love flying, but it's getting a bit tedious these days. The older I get, the more intolerant of silly people I am. In general. There was this *silly (nationality withheld for sensitive reasons) guy spitting from the side of the boat, then his woman got into the spitting mode too, and they were oblivious to the dirty looks from the other passengers (and the people still in the water!), so I had to be the heavy and tell them, 'Dude, that's really disgusting, man." The guy didn't understand english but I think my face said it all coz he apologized and quit spitting. Really. Betul betul no finesse lah. Ai yaah...that also must tell.

Anyway, Club Med Kani Maldives gets two thumbs up from Daniel and I!

No comments: