Sunday, July 22, 2007

17th post

Beeyooootifoool Couples

Beautiful Couples
I was looking at pictures of Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman in a gossip magazine, and was just blown away at how happy and comfortable they both looked with each other. They look so genuinely in love and very relaxed about it (unlike TomKat, who feel they need PDA OTT everywhere!). I never really thought much of Nic until after she and Tom Cruise split up - after that happened, I feel the woman just bloomed! Don't you think??? She really blossomed! Her acting just got better (remember The Hours, Moulin Rouge, etc?), she became more appealing as a celebrity, she seemed more interesting as a person (heck, she dated Lenny Kravitz and Steven Bing!).and she didn't moan about being dumped - and she was dumped for Penelope Cruz, mind you! - unlike sad old Jennifer Anistan, and she basically kept her dignity and her mouth shut about any new romances.
She had class - how she handled that crisis in her life.
And that Keith Urban...wooooarrrrughhh! Gives me the shivers. He's such a dish! They suit each other like a pair of really soft kid golf gloves, slim and sexy, togeder-geder. You look at Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes and just wonder..what is the story here? Why so over the top? Why is her body language betraying his megawatt smile? Why do her eyes look sad, her smile tentative? Why is she always fidgeting with her clothes, hair, etc when seen out in public with him? No doubt, in the early days, Katie was just as bad as Tom...but lately, she looks like having to keep up appearances is taking its toll. I wonder just how long she'll be able to keep it up.
The reason I feel a tad sympathetic towards Holmes is because I feel like I've been there. I once dated a much older, in-control (read: controlling) man. Yessss.. it was initially nice to feel cared for, but that feeling becaming one of suffocation eventually. What was a dream come true quickly became a worst nightmare. Hate to say it Katie, it looks kinda like your impending scenario. I mean, if he's already converted you to some quack cult!, alienated you from your family whom you were very close to, told you how to silently beranak, how he wants you to raise his child, chosen your wedding dress, enrolled you in a slimming program!, calls you a hundred times to check up on you - then calls your bodyguard to see why you are not picking up, etc.,.well!, it doesn't bode well, does it?!! The signs are all there: the concerned family members and former friends, the 'Dump Tom' website (!)... Girl, take heed. I wish I could take this young woman aside, give her two tight slaps and have a quiet word about Waking Up.
Just like some of my friends wanted to do with me when I was in her shoes. Did I listen? Of course not lah. I had concerned friends drop out of my life because I was so determined to make right something that was definitely not, and well, I guess in the end, God is Greater than any will of my own. He got me out of that one before it was too late and I ruined my life.
You look at Nicole and Keith and just from the pictures, think: these two let each other be who they are. They are free in how they love each other. It looks like a keeper relationship, something that'll last. They have nothing to prove to the public. Nothing to show. Nothing to hide. They are downright cool. It's cool, isn't it? Wish more couples were cool like that.

Other Cool Couples (in my book):
My mom and dad
Uncle Z and Aunty A (he once said to his wife, "I forbide you to wear a tudung!"
Tom Hanks and wife Rita? (name escapes me)
Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith
Prince Charles and Camilla Packa-Balls (just for being in love for 100 years!)
Elton John and David Furnish
Tun Dr M. and wife
Pierce Brosnan and wife Keely Shaye-Smith (he loves her despite the tremendous weight gain - he's a hero in my book!)

Not-Cool-At-All Couples:
TomKatPosh and BecksBritney and Kevin (yuck)
Sven Goran Erickson and his determined lawyer/geisha lady
J.Lo and Marc Anthony (ew!)
Jude Law and Sienna Miller (or whomever he's tupping at the mo)
Paris Hilton and whomever the garcon du jour is
Lindsay Lohan and Bruce Willis (hahaha!)

Downright-Dodgy Couples:
Brangelina!
Jordan (aka Katie Price) and Peter Andre
Madonna and Guy Richie
Oprah Winfrey and Stedman Grahamthe
Hugh Grant-Jemima Khan-Elizabeth Hurley triangle

I takes all kinds to make up a couple. While I know there are no perfect couples in this world, it's good to look at people in positive relationships and see how they make things work.
Have fun making it work!(to my husband reading this: I LOVE YOU! You're my Keith Urban! I'm your Nicole Kidman!...but we outweigh them by about 200lbs! Haha!)

No comments: