Monday, July 23, 2007

57th post

profound

I'm the old dog, trying to learn a new trick: the trick being the German language via cd in my car in between taxi-ing Milo to and from school, work and trips to the supermarket (there's always a jam to get stuck in and it's a hell lot more interesting)! So there I was, thinking, I'm going to wow Daniel with my linguistic prowess, "Ich muss haben Sie heute abend!" *wink wink* when the poor 'student' in the Michell Thomas German Language Series recording suddenly gets an earfull from the old geezer (MT). He was basically bulldozing the sentence structure to death and here's what the Old Man had to say:"No! No! Think!....Communication is a thought process......not just something that sounds gutt."

Waaah....tersenyap aku sekejap. I actually rewound that part and listened to what he said 3 more times! It's so true, though, isn't it? So many of us talk talk talk and it's just sound coming out of our pieholes, yakyakyaaakityyak, waawaawaaahblaaablablaaaaaa..... Can you think of one industry that can be revolutionized if you apply the above??? *smirk*******

On another note, I have a ton of cds littering the floor of my car, and now my son has convinced himself that his real mother is jazz chanteusse, Diana Kraal. He never fails to remind me as he fingers Diana Kraal's chirstmas album, "My mummy! My mummy!" all the way to school. Poor boy, I almost hate to break it to him. LOL
27-02-07

No comments: