Monday, July 23, 2007

59th post

come dine with me lah!

I was watching MY FAVOURITE tv programme, you know, the one I have to fight with other members of my household, Come Dine With Me, to have 30 minutes of uninterrupted viewing, and came up with MY dream party guest list:
Author, comedian, genius and 'Pocoyo' narrator Stephen FryActor,
comedian Hugh LaurieActor,
comedian Tracy Ullman
The epitome of lurrrve, Prince Charles and Camillaerr,
Daniel Craig, sans Satsuki Mitchell! - he brings her everywhere, the tart!
"I don't mean to be rude, but" Simon Cowell
"Man, that was HOT, dawg" Randy Jackson
extra camp fashion designer Isaac Mizrahi
"Carry on!" Tom Gunn (from Project Runway)
Grumpy motor mouth Paul Teutel, Senior (from American Chopper)
Hysterically funny old b!tch Shirley Maclaine

Looking at the list, I've made a few observations:
50% of these guests are English
50% are gay icons
99% are ascerbicly witted (Daniel Craig being the exception)
1% is eye candy (see above ^ )

I'll probably have to sit between Paul Snr and DC, because their manhood would depend on it. Here's my stellar menu for the evening:
Apperitif - Kir Royal, Pineapple Bellini, Shazmin's berry*cherry G&T
Starter - Warm fig and goats' cheese with balsamico and rocket
Spiced pumpkin cappucino
Main Course - Rare lamb loin with a blanket of sauteed swiss brown, basil and sunkissed tomatoes in a light puff pastry 'purse'
Tossed chilled vine tomatoes with mint and cillantro
Dessert - Chocolate Fountain with fruit, sponge and marshmallows (a la the Shang KL buffet!); assorted cheese platter with fruit and nuts

See, I've taken everything into consideration. There's lightness with every course, and some substantial 'meat' thrown in there for the likes of the macho cavemen like Simon Cowell (huh?) and Paul Senior (don't know if they'd appreciate eating a 'purse' though!). Lotsa fruit and nuts too, for the fruity and nutty rest of us...I have absolute fantasies about having this uncanny bunch in my house. I think it would be a flaming riot! I wouldn't invite Paula Abdul though because she'd just drink all my booze and cause an embarassing scene - a barrel of laughs that'll just end in tears. Yikes, you know how awkward that can be...

No comments: