Sunday, July 22, 2007

2nd post 2006

I was quite bored the other day, and couldn't possible wake my pretty little boy up from his nap to entertain me, so I decided to google myownsweetself. I was amazed that stuff written about us/me from ten years ago is still floating around in cyberspace. It's downright creepy! You guys remember the "Walk Naked" incident from the late '90s??? Well, that's still there if you're interested in reading about it.
And the photos! Don't get me started.
There's one of me looking anorexic from 1998 - late 1999.
7kg heavier in 2000.
Positively ROLY-POLY in 2001! (like Pierce Brosnan's wife Keely Shaye-Smith, but not HALF as attractive!)
Back down to the cengkung Twiggy look in 2002 (a reaction to seeing photos of myself that year, no doubt).
And looking fairly normal weight at my wedding in late 2003.
It's like Oprah's fat-slim-fat trip through the years..!
Of course, look at me now, and it's like a big shocker ('big' being the operative word here!). I started off this pregnancy heavier than I was supposed to, but these things happen I guess. I had a neo-natal check-up yesterday and everything looks great (oklah, apart from the cellulite on the back of my thighs): normal blood pressure, blood sugar's great, baby's growing its bits and bobs perfectly. I'm really pleased! You know, like anyone, I have down days when you feel really DUMPY and uggs, and you wish there was a miracle cure for the YUCKYUCKs. But generally, I'm happiest with my looks, body and shape when I'm pregnant. Is that weird? Is it a form of DENIAL, that perhaps, pregnancy is an excuse to have a wider spread at the back and bump up front? It's true that your skin takes on a firm suppleness, what with the usual flab being filled out and all.It's all lovely really. Don't get me started on the chimichangas!!!!! (ie. it's boobies to you plebians lah). They are absolutely LUSH, thank you very much.
I'm frantic at the prospect of them deflating like two flacid, rubber baloons once the breastfeeding stops. And then, that's when the trouble starts: you've got thunder thighs, thick arms, a flabby tum, a squalling infant, and no excuse to be looking like you do, COZ YOU'RE NOT PREGNANT ANYMORE! WAAAaaaaaah!
Hahaha..acah aje..I'm ok about it lah, as long as my hubs remains the supportive, laid-back, loving character that he is.
[But that said, I'll be looking out for a work-out partner/drill sargent/motivational guru/weigth-loss hypnotherapist/free slimming treatments, etc once this bubba's born!!!!]
Watch This Space. Baby due late June.
Ta for now! Got to defrost the pizza.
xox Shaz

No comments: