Tuesday, September 25, 2007

What the faa.....????

Ok, while I'm actually supposed to be out walking the dog I'm supposedly supposed to get rid of (believe me, this deserves a post of its own), I choose now instead to update my blog, which incidently I've done this very morning. I tell you, either I'm an overflowing well of literary greatness or a latent procrastinator, you choose. Daniel would pick the latter, but he knows me only too well.

I was pretty gobsmacked when I read today's paper. PM suggested we keep our kids in school till 4pm to keep them out of harm's way, either from gejala kuning, perverts, murder, loneliness, boredom, juvenile delinquency and what have you. Now, unlike a few people I know, my immediate reaction was..."Bloody hell! How many people I know (with normal jobs) get back from the office at 4pm???!!!" Gila kaa?! Are you, like, for real?

Anyway, I'm sure we all have our comments and whatever on this issue, but the long and short of it is, at least for me - I think people (and here I should really use the singular, except I don't wanna go to jail or whatever) should live in the REAL WORLD, not the la la land of the gomen sector, before making dumbass suggestions to the rakyat - who, in all probability, work from 8am - 7pm.

That said, Bugly needs a walk and a wazz desperately.

6 comments:

dj_Chong said...

Yalo, really not agree with the idea where our PM want us to keep the kids in school until 4pm.
Sure Shaz will get boring without kids in home...

(P/S: Wow, such surprising pictures from Shaz)

Shazmin said...

hey chong! was wondering when you'd show up here! Anyway, I have no quarrel with kids staying back till 4pm, but ONLY if they start school at 8.30 or 9am (and they REALLY have good facilities and after-school programs and AIRCONDITIONING etc) and tell me, how feasible is THAt when both parents are working, no maid, etc, to send them to school??? I don't know about you, but most working people I know try and leave their houses by 7.00 or earlier to avoid the jam. Anyway most working people I know don't get home till about 6 or 7pm - which doesn't solve whatever issue is being brought up by PM by having kids in school til 4pm ANYWAY! They still have to come home to an empty house! Logic...where art thou?

soulmates n sweethearts said...

ya la shaz......we trust our gomen to come up with good policies for us but they go on making a mess...the No 1 champion policy wud be the National Service....kononnya to build unity but kids just end up dead without any proper investigation done, or even a corrective action taken. This 7am to 4pm school is just gonna be another whole lot of mess!

Benci Ika said...

don't have kids YET but I wouldn't want my kids hanging around school till 4pm - doing SCHOOLWORK or TUITION!!! Kids should get to play and relax too, huh? What's happening to the concept of 'childhood' I wonder......

Unknown said...

its a crazy idea la. i m not married do not have kids but i can imagine those kids forced to stay in school til 4pm. poor kids wil be kau kau exhausted by then. btw, how good food do they have in d school canteens? those kids wil have 2 meals in school. i m sure if this were to start,kids wil be more mischief. ponteng school issues will raise. teachers wil be tired n some wil go insane n abuse the kids. cant imagine what worst can happen then.

Unknown said...

Hi Shaz,

This is Kristin.

Looking at your pics, I see you've got too much time in hand now. Anyway, how are you?