Thursday, August 16, 2007

oodles of poodles and cashoodles

I've been busy reading lately, and hence the lack of a new post here, but you guys enjoyed the picture of Milo staggering blindly without his pants on (below) didn't you? Ah well, always out to entertain the masses, I tell you.

Like someone with attention deficit disorder, I'm currently reading 4 books simultaneously: 1) Marley and Me, 2) some internet marketing book that promises to make you a millionaire (but only IF you take up their various e-seminars and buy their tools), 3) The Secret Keeper's Daughter, and 4) Poodles (a book about the breed).

Oklah, the last one I bought on a whim because I saw the cutest poodle puppy at Midvalley but my hubs said "OVER-MY-DEAD-BODY!", so there goes that idea, but really, I'm not crazy over small dogs either, but this dog was Cuteness Personified. I'm learning that Poodles are one of the most intelligent breeds of dog and don't shed their fur. You can teach a poodle to crap in a litter box! Wow. Amazing.

Rabbits can also be taught to crap in a litter box, but seeing as we've not managed to teach ours to do that, I guess I should just be happy with my lot. It's a bit of a zoo at my house, anyway!

Now, I'm on page 68 or thereabouts on the Internet Marketing book by some dodgy-looking Singaporean guy in a Nehru dinner jacket and I can't - for the LIFE of me - understand the concept AT ALL. Hmmm... I must be really stupid because, I'm really straining to understand it, you know? Coz, like, I too wanna be an Internet Millionaire???!! Hallo??! *sniggering madly*

I would LOVE to hear what you think of I.M. I'm sure you have an opinion on the subject. I just want to understand it. (brain, work!)

7 comments:

ginseng4desoul said...

I remember growing up with lotsa animals in the house. A mini zoo. Those were fun times. Do you know that Poodles are only dogs that actually have "Hair" instead of "fur?" Anyway, not all poodles are small. Only toy poodles. The standard poodles can grow pretty big!

5xmom.com said...

That? (dare not mention I am referring to the dog, rabbits or what) They are 90% bull craps. Hehehe.

Anonymous said...

hello there .. i came across your blog while i was bloghopping and I found your site hillarious! your kids are beautifull by the way....no doubt i will visit this site often....keep up the good work!

Pinky said...

you want to make $$$ off the net through your blog, then try Adsense or www.payperpost.com. I think they pay like 5 to 10 bucks (USD)per post. *lol*

soulmates n sweethearts said...

Hi Shaz,

Its really sad to hear that u r leaving Mix. No longer ur chirpy lively voice on air. It was 10 yrs ago, when i joined Univ, that my fren intro me to Mix. Staying in the hostel room all by myself was pretty lonely. I used to switch on the radio when i go to bed and when i wake in the morning.....voila! Its Richard and Shaz.......my two fav voices early in the morning. I never had problem waking up those days bcoz it was just fun listening to u guys as i go about having my bath and breakfast etc. I've travelled the past 10 yrs with u guys. Lots have happened....we got married, kids came along, priorities changed. But till now, when i hear ur voice, it just brings back those univ days memories.

Gonna miss u soo much gal and wish u all the best in whatever u choose to do.

I registered in this website only to send u this note. will keep in touch more....

Light said...

hey Shaz, you're my favorite mix.fm deejay!

I think you made a mistake about one book..it's actually The Memory Keeper's Daughter not the Secret Keeper...if that's the same book I've read lah.
Nways, it's a damn good read. Also another brilliant book is The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

Shazmin said...

Hi Asha,
I appreciate you signing in just to drop me a line! But yes, we grow up and move on, don't we? I'm so happy to blow this joint. :-)

Hi la cucaracha,
yes, you are right! but I got sidetracked and am now reading stephen king's lisey's story! ADD, or what!??