Friday, November 9, 2007

Shazmin the weight loss guru

Ok, so everyone wants to know how I lost 10 kg, but no one seems to realise that it took me almost a year to slowly and quietly do it, and the one person (cough!) I really have to thank, isn't actually a person, but the mutt, Bugly.

Bugly made me walk him twice a day, EVERY DAY. Considering I've been sedentary on the point of catatonia, the result of our daily endeavours were quick to be seen. Once I started seeing a looser waistband, I felt increasingly motivated to watch what I ate, and consciously stayed away from the evil Big Apple Donuts!!! (evilevilevil!!!)

I stopped licking my kids' plates clean. I've stopped buying junk food. I drink more water. I eat more salad and meat. As much as it kills Daniel and I, we've stopped going to Devi's Corner and Raju's every Saturday morning.

I've stopped adding sugar to things; I might add the occasional Equal, but only if it's handy and I'm up for it.

Do I consider this a diet? Not really - I wanted to heal my chronic foot pain. Losing the weight did that. Do I consider it a sacrifice? No, because I have other vices I will not give up that I enjoy more than food. Have I stopped eating carbs? No, I'll have the odd cake, croissant, toast and nasi kandar, but not in the heaping mounds of yore. Do I lapse? All the time, but I've stopped beating myself up over it. Tomorrow is another day. Do I feel good? YES.

I feel good because I have more energy. I can buy clothes off the rack again (yaaayayayaaaay!). I feel good cause I'm looking good! Damn! Peeeeweeeet! LOL

If you've been trying to desperately lose some weight, take this advice: be mentally positive. Be strong. Visualise the healthy, trim You. Eat better. Get off your arse. Be mentally strong. Have a sense of humour and good luck!

Xox, Shaz- who went from sz 20 to 14 in less than a year. Slowly does it lah!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Grt job Auntie Min!!! You do realize that B and I will want to meet up at Raju's when we come visit next month, right? Anyway, hope that your work week is going by great and that you don't run out of things to say.
B&G send hugs to M&S.

Shazmin said...

why HELLO there B&G!!!! We can't wait for the visit and thank you so much for the photos!!! No worries, I'll schedule my 'cheat days' around your visit so we can do Raju's and the like. Big hugs to your mum & dad...

QueenKBee goes fit! said...

Oh gosh, I'm really impressed, congratulations! Are you sure you were a size 20? You really don't look it. So no big secret ya, except do everything in moderation. Will keep that in mind. And oh, I'm so happy you're back in the morning again and can't wait for your chemistry with Will to pick up a bit! Will definitely keep listening in.

ginseng4desoul said...

Well done Shaz! Your final paragraph sounds like something form Rhonda Byrnes book... hahahahaha.... I have to agree with you that a strong postive mind does give you the extra mileage.

Zahirah said...

Hi Shaz! This is Samantha. Remember I used to call you on air. It has been ages since we talked. How's hubby and the kids? Look like you have lost the baby weights! Congrats honey!!!!

Zahirah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.